Thursday, January 21, 2016

Winter & Chock Full of Character

The winter is hard folks.  It's gray, cold, mushy, dirty, cold, icy.  Did I mention cold?  The only things that make winter surviveable are boot options.  And maybe scarves.  I forgive all of you who like winter, but I am not a winter girl.  AT ALL. I think I was supposed to live in California, but the Lord knew I would NOT build ANY character out there.  But when I think of all the pressure out there to have a boob job..... whew!  So here I am, building character in Indiana.  Sigh.

Character is super unglamorous, as you may have noticed.  I remember watching my son's football game this fall, when the score was about 65-3 (Our team had the 3. Sniff) and thinking, That's enough character Lord.  I think we are chock full of character now, thanks.  

For myself, between the winter and my current unemployed status, I think we are chock full of character now, thanks!

Good thing He knows what He is doing, cuz I sure don't.  So glad for verses like, I will never leave you or forsake you.  (Hebrews 13:5, Deut 31:6)

Even when it feels like He is on the beach in the Bahamas, or at least on Instagram instead of paying attention to my little life, I KNOW it isn't true.   And even though I get to have a tantrum about the winter or about the 3,988,657 emails with job possibilities, I can't say He isn't there.  Cuz He is.  He keeps giving me wisdom for the next minute, and then the next.  It's just hard to only have light for the next step.  It's hard that I don't get to know about tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or next year.   Dang it.  But He is good.  He is faithful.  He just doesn't do the crystal ball thing.  And as I think about that, every time He did tell somebody in the bible what was going to happen in the future, it didn't go well.  So I am trying to trust more and have tantrums less.   I will keep you posted.  Ha.  Posted on my posts.

Hang in there reader-of-posts, He has you!  I know He has me.  He has me.  He will supply all our needs, one minute at a time.


p.s.   I know I am actually not chock full of character.  Maybe my little toe on my right foot is half
         full.

No comments:

Post a Comment